Sunday, September 15, 2013
Popsicle Stick Catapult
This craft is super fun to play with, but requires a bit of prep work.
What you'll need is 11 craft popsicle sticks, 11 rubber bands, a hot glue gun/crazy glue, and something to use as a launcher (I created my own by cutting pieces of craft foam and gluing them together with a hot glue gun.
How to make this:
1. Take 7 craft popsicle sticks and stack them together. Bind them with 2 rubber bands--1 on each edge.
2. Take 2 craft popsicle sticks and place one on top of the other so that they overlap a couple of inches. Bind them together with 3 rubber bands side by side. (If you're using larger rubber bands, you may not need to use 3)
3. Repeat step 2 with the last couple of craft sticks.
4. Take the two sets of sticks from steps 1 & 2, and place one set on the bottom of the sticks from Step 1, and one set on the top so that they're kind of centered. Bind them together with two rubber bands so that they form an "X" shape.
5. Bind together one edge of the catapult with a rubber band.
6. Find or create a launcher. You can use foam pieces like I did, or you can you other household materials like a bottle cap. Glue this to one side of the catapult.