Sunday, September 15, 2013
This spinning top craft is so much fun and it works great!
What you'll need:
-X-Acto Knife or box cutter
-Paper (preferably cardstock)
-2 small beads
-Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
-Hot glue gun or crazy glue
How to make it:
1. Cut out a circle from cardboard, roughly 3-inches in diameter.
2. Cut a straw so that it's about 2 1/2 inches long. (It doesn't have to be exact)
3. Take two small beads and push them gently into each end of the straw so they fit snuggly inside. Not all beads will work, you'll need to use trial and error to find the right size.
4. Trace the cardboard circle onto a piece of cardstock paper and decorate it with crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
5. Cut out your decorated circle.
6. Glue the decorated cardstock circle to the cardboard circle using a hot glue gun or crazy glue.
7. Poke a hole through the cardboard and cardstock paper directly in the center of the circle.
8. Stick the straw through the hole to make sure it fits nicely. If it warps the straw, the hole is too small, if the straw falls through, it's too loose. Adjust the hole accordingly if needed.
9. Take the straw back out, and using the hot glue gun or crazy glue, glue around the rim of the straw roughly an inch up from the bottom of the straw.
10. Gently push the straw through the hole until the rim of glue is level with the cardboard and hold it there for a few seconds until the glue dries.
If you have any other suggestions or variations of this craft, feel free to let me know! Enjoy :)